Saturday, May 9, 2009

turn me loose

so for the first time in a long time, I had a very stress-free day. and trust me, if felt very very nice.

Anyhow, I h
aven't written and entry in a while. I've had nothing to write about, no inspiration. But it's a Saturday night, what else am I gonna do?

I've recently begun to read Lauren B
acall's autobiography called "By Myself and Then Some" and I highly recommend you people pick it up and read it! Life in the 40s was so incredibly different from life now. Now I'm nowhere near finishing the book, but it is so interesting. To be honest though, I only wanted to read it because I wanted to know more about her marriage to Bogie. But now, I've been able to bond much much more with my grandparents. I can completely talk to them about the 'old days' and the movies and actors from 'back then'. Even my vice principal was so shocked that I even knew who Lauren Bacall was. Hahah, it always makes me laugh when older people discover how much I know about the 40s-70s, but ya know, I get it from my mom. She was exactly the same when she was my age.


Speaking of my momma, she agreed to watch STAR TREK with me tomorrow. And if we don't, I will be devastated. No that's too big of a word, but I'll still be upset. I am dying to watch this movie, and I bet you people anything that after I watch it, I will try my best to become a Trekkie! Hahaha, it happened after I watched Star Wars Episode IV, I was so hooked, I watched the originals every night.

And speaking of movies, I watched CASABLANCA a few weeks ago. Holy shizzles, I totally understand why it is the best movie ever. Bogie and Bergman were absolutely fantastic! And "As Time Goes By" is my new favourite oldie. I cannot explain more how obsessed I am with black&whites right now.


Thought I might as well fit this in here, I've been trying my hardest to get the 'Farrah' but unfortunately, I think my hair is still too short....
I love Farrah Fawcett and totally
idolize her, it's such a shame she's still suffering of Cancer, I really hope shegets better! But on a lighter note, here's some pictures of the wonder that is Farrah.
Honestly, how can you not love this hair style?!


Kate Jackson's dress is such a modern style now, I've seen it everywhere. Just goes to show there's nothing completely original out there anymore.


can you say STYLE ICONS? I'd love to have those wide-legs, I really need a pair.

3 comments:

Mel said...

I bought my mom the Lauren Bacall autobiography (I think she has two, so I'm not sure which one...), and now I'm thinking that maybe I should pilfer it from her and read it. Haha whenever I share my knowledge of old films and TV shows with others, they just kind of look at me weird...

I want to watch "Star Trek" too! I have a feeling I might start watching the 1960s series afterwards too.

Yay I love love love Charlie's Angels! I've been trying so hard to get Jaclyn Smith's hairstyle actually.

I too hope Farrah Fawcett will get better.

Ash Fox said...

charlie's angels are so classic. hopefully farah will have a miracle. your blog is lovely.
x
www.tittees.blogspot.com

Annie said...

lauren bacall is so classic and beautiful. amazing amazing amazing.

the pictures in your header are so rad :) love them!

http://anniediamond.blogspot.com