Friday, August 7, 2009

"Hey, Cameron. You realize if we played by the rules right now we'd be in gym? "

Sixteen Candles
"When you don't have anything, you don't have anything to lose. Right?"



The Breakfast Club
"We're all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it, that's all. "


Weird Science
"You know, there's going to be sex, drugs, rock-n-roll... chips, dips, chains, whips... You know, your basic high school orgy type of thing. I mean, uh, I'm not talking candlewax on the nipples, or witchcraft or anything like that, no, no, no. Just a couple of hundred kids running around in their underwear, acting like complete animals. "


Ferris Bueller's Day Off
"The key to faking out the parents is the clammy hands. It's a good non-specific symptom; I'm a big believer in it. A lot of people will tell you that a good phony fever is a dead lock, but, uh... you get a nervous mother, you could wind up in a doctor's office. That's worse than school. You fake a stomach cramp, and when you're bent over, moaning and wailing, you lick your palms. It's a little childish and stupid, but then, so is high school. "


Pretty in Pink
"This is an incredibly romantic moment, and you're ruining it for me! "


RIP JOHN HUGHES

Your movies never cease to help me out on a bad day.




23 comments:

Violet said...

oh i really wanted a breakfast blub or 16 candles remake...he mad ALL of my fave 80's movies

RIP

JINX said...

i really enjoy your style and love what you bring to fashion blog'n...

FASHIONJINX.BLOGSPOT.COM
FASHIONJINX.BLOGSPOT.COM
FASHIONJINX.BLOGSPOT.COM
FASHIONJINX.BLOGSPOT.COM
FASHIONJINX.BLOGSPOT.COM
FASHIONJINX.BLOGSPOT.COM

Lori said...

best teen movies ever. and all were filmed in my hometown.
RIP

Ria Michelle said...

Totally agreed. Did you hear about the fan he used to pen pal with. Omg epic read, I almost cried. What a wonderful person.

LACY said...

these are awesome movies and btw you have such lovely style :)

lacysmess.blogspot.com

Ly Kim said...

I enjoy those movies soo much. Who DOESNT?!

Nubia Mejia said...

The brat pack! I loved all there movies there so funny and lift your spirits.
http://www.Nubiasnonsense.com

Doshii said...

SO true! Great selection of movies. Might I add you look pretty in your previous post :) Will Definitely swing by

JOWY said...

aaahhh..wonderfull! walk down memory lane of all the fab J. Hughes movies: SPLENDID DUDE!



One Love,
Jowy
www.iseejanemary.blogspot.com

Rebecca said...

great films

H @ Narnia's Closet said...

oh the teen angst which rang true with so many generations...

Unknown said...

i dont think i have seen the breakfast club - i must rent it xoxoox

Stacy said...

those movies are unbelievably timeless! loved breakfast club and ferris bueller

electric feel said...

great header

Rebel Girl said...

Oh man, the memories. RIP John Hughes.

X

Shes Dressing Up said...

Oh how sad =[, he made such classics!

Anonymous said...

love the 80's movies

check my blog:
http://elenafashionislife.blogspot.com/

Lexy @ QUIRKY EXPLOSION said...

Aww. Love it. Breakfast Club is pretty much my favourite movie. And you've just reminded me how I still need to watch pretty in pink! So thanks :)

Thanks so much for stopping by! :)
girlwiththebowtie.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

John Hughes was/is amazing. He is an understated icon. He defined a generation.

ADECADENTTHING said...

i loved all those quotes you posted!

& i must watch breakfast club too.

x, adecadentthing

Anonymous said...

Nothing like Molly Ringwald. I also love the Warholian artwork in your header...what a god.
H
xo

Lexy @ QUIRKY EXPLOSION said...

PRETTY AND PINK. PRETTY AND PINK. Must watch this. Thanks again for the reminder. I seriously have terrible memory. I think I'll write this on my hand now...

R.I.P.

thanks so much for stopping by!
girlwiththebowtie.blogspot.com

Mel said...

I can't believe he passed away at such a young age! I loved Pretty in Pink! At least we still have his lovely films!